Thursday, August 04, 2005

Some MTT Play

Just bounced out of a Party Poker 2000 player MTT in 379th. I was getting short stacked and pushed on pocket kings UTG - they ran into A9d and he caught the wheel. Ouch. C'est la vie.

Overall, I was pretty happy with my play. I stole a few pots, and I was generally patient and waited until I had decent cards to play. When I was in a pot, I played aggressively and didn't back off too many hands (unless I was pretty sure I was beat). It cost me a couple of times, but I've been working on playing more aggressively.

It's the fourth time I've played in one of those tournaments. The first time, I bounced out around 700, the second, around 1000, the third 600, so I'm seeing some progress - even if the low payout is $1.70, it would have been nice to finish in the money.

What the hell, it's good practice for next weekend's two-table donkeyfest and the upcoming Bradoween Open.

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Bill said...

The $10+1 SNG on Party was FISHY.

I hardly played a hand and I cleaned up. And its less juice than the $5+1.

I'll check out the MTT when I have time, but I usually only have 1-2 hours per session.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home