Monday, June 06, 2005

Vegas in 36 Hours, Pt. I

It's always better on holiday,
It's so much better on holiday,
That's why we're always workin'
'Cause we need the money.


The line stretched on and on. Fortunately, the line moved, the air was cool and my iPod was fully charged. After some early protests, my stretched out legs felt good. It was nice to stand once again.

Hours earlier, I boarded a plane with little more than a boarding pass and a pocket full of cash. And I sat. And sat. And sat. Denver International was closed. We needed more fuel. We had to change course to avoid the storms. The excuses piled up as if fate was trying to keep me from a few short hours in Vegas.

But there I stood, patiently waiting for a cab, and finally, I stood in the front of the line and before long, was sitting at a $1-$3 table at the Excalibur.

And two hours later, I left the table, $30 poorer. Christ, I'd forgotten about the fun of No-Fold'em. Couple that with a deck so cold it burned my fingers, and I'm lucky I didn't drop more money. I think I saw three flops all night - and only took one down. Brutal. At least the beers were free.

Tomorrow: A little drunken $1-3 action and a little redemption for St. Louis. Oh, and a fold that will haunt me for the rest of time.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were in Vegas?
-marty

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Not long enough, my friend. Not long enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home